Thank you for joining us at Winter Blast 2019! Check out the photos below.
Join us on Saturday, Feb 16, 2019 for Winter Blast, presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy and the City of Buffalo.
There will be indoor and outdoor activities planned for that afternoon. This event is FREE and open to the public.
Date: Saturday, Feb 16, 2019
Place: MLK Jr. Park Casino and Basin, free parking is available at (1) West Parade Circle and Humboldt Parkway South, and (2) North Parade Avenue and Northampton Street
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
All activities are FREE and include:
- BlueCross BlueShield Healthy Zone Cruiser
- FREE Old-fashioned Pond Ice-skating (weather dependent)
- FREE Skate Rental (Figure and Hockey)
- Meet with Sabretooth and Buffalo Sabres Alumnus Morris Titanic
- Read and/or borrow books with Library on Wheels
- Meet animals from The Buffalo Zoo
- Face-painting with Squiggly Art Face Painting
- Balloon Art with Tim the Balloon Guy
- Art and Craft with Restore Our Community Coalition – Buffalo, NY
- Hot Cocoa, courtesy of Wegmans
- Healthy Snacks, courtesy of Ashker’s Buffalo, James Desiderio, Inc., Lexington Co-op and Tops
For more information, please contact Zhi Phua at (716) 838-1249, ext. 31 or email Zhi@bfloparks.org
The MLK Jr. Park Basin is a designated BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York Healthy Zone, and it serves as a old-fashion pond skating rink in the winter and splash pad in the summer.