Our Thoughts on the Matter…
BOPC regularly prepares public comments and position statements on issues that may impact the historical integrity of our Olmsted Park System; which includes 6 parks, 7 parkways and 8 circles. Statements are developed through a Committee and Board process and address issues of preservation and restoration, quality of life, environmental health, cultural resources, and public access. The BOPC’s advocacy efforts work to ensure our mission and to uphold the proliferation of these natural historic assets for generations to come. The following are BOPC’s public comments and position statements on key projects and hot topics in our Olmsted parks.
- An Executive Summary to the Marcy Casino Report
- BOPC Position on the South Park Golf Course – May 26, 2018
- BOPC Position Statement on proposed Lodge and existing intrusions on Goat Island, Niagara Falls, NY
- BOPC Position Statement on Proposed Nicklaus Designed golf features within Buffalo’s Olmsted Park System
- BOPC Position Statement on Route 198 Scajaquada Expressway
- Toxic Blue-green Algae Blooms on Hoyt Lake