About the Conservancy’s Commemorative Tree Program
Plant a tree in honor of a special person, event and/or milestone!
Celebrate, commemorate and/or congratulate by planting a tree in your Olmsted landscape! Commemorative trees benefit our parks through beautification and adds ecological value to our environment. Each tree cost $500 and can be planted in the following locations*:
- Cazenovia Park
- Delaware Park
- Front Park
- MLK Jr. Park
- Riverside Park
- Prospect Park
- Japanese Garden (only Cherry trees)
*Important Things to Know* before you buy your tree
- Each tree cost $500. That cost supports watering, growth, and maintenance of your tree for the first three years
- Plantings occur twice a year – once in Fall and and once in Spring. If you purchase your tree between September 1st and March 1st, your tree will be planted in the spring. If you purchase your tree between March 2 and August 31, your tree will be planted in the fall
- Tree payments are accepted in form of check, cash or credit card over the phone/in-person
- With the purchase of a tree, you will receive a framed Green Deed for yourself or to gift to someone
- *Tree locations are subject to change as the Conservancy determines those areas based on reforestation needs
Click on the interactive map below to view the most recent Olmsted landscapes to plant your tree
If you have any questions or would like to proceed with your tree order, please contact Joann Flores, Gift Coordinator, at Joann@bfloparks.org or call (716) 838-1249, ext. 20.
A copy of the latest annual report filed with the NYS Charities Bureau may be obtained, upon request, at the office of the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc., 84 Parkside Ave., Buffalo, NY 14214 or from the NYS Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10271. The Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.