Join the Young Professionals for Olmsted Parks (YPOP)
The Young Professionals for Olmsted Parks is for individuals who are passionate for their historic parks, nonprofit management, fundraising, networking and making a difference in their community!
Through YPOP, I’ve connected with others who care about our parks and our community. Everyone involved brings their own professional skill set and experience to the table, giving me the opportunity to broaden my perspectives and network. These benefits, plus helping to raise funds to make our Buffalo Olmsted Parks even better, made joining YPOP a no-brainer for me.
Greg Dionne, Founder, Hookwell Consulting
Application to the Class of 2022 opens September 29
- February 2022 – October 2022
- One (1) mandatory event per month
- Engage in group and individual fundraising
- Stay involved post-program as a YPOP Alumni
- Kickoff Party
- Olmsted 101: History & Fun!
- Volunteer in your parks
- Coffee with the Councilmembers
- Career Development Panel
- Full System Park Tour
- Olmsted Board Meet & Greets … and more!
- Recommended age range: 25 to 40 years old
- Entry fee: $250 (helps cover program cost)
The YPOP committee is working on providing scholarship opportunities! If you are unable to pay for your entry fee up front, please reach out to [email protected].
Begin your application to YPOP Class of 2022 in the form below. Applications close November 5, 2021!
For this application, please prepare the following items beforehand as you would be required to complete it in one sitting.
- Most recent resume
- Headshot (JPEG or PNG, 1:1 ratio, min. 800×800 pixels)
- 1 letter of recommendation
For any questions, please contact Sarah Larkin at [email protected] or call (716) 838-1249, ext. 18.