Agassiz Circle connects the former Humboldt Parkway to Delaware Park. Agassiz Circle was once the grand entryway into Delaware Park, but has been degraded by the Scajaquada Expressway.
Colonial Circle which was once called Bidwell Place, connects Richmond Avenue with Bidwell parkway. There is a statue of Brigadier General Daniel Davidson Bidwell in the center of the circle astride a horse. Installed in 1924, the General sits astride a stallion properly holding a sword low in right hand and the horse’s reins in his left hand. The horse has his “proper left foot raised.”
Gates Circle is part of the Olmsted Parkway System at Chapin Parkway and Delaware Ave. At 5 acres in size It serves as a monumental entry to the parkway approach. It in the center is a large circular fountain with steps leading to a sunken pool.
Ferry Circle is at the intersection of W Ferry and Richmond Avenue. At the center of this island is a magnificent five-branch streetlamp. It matches the lamp in nearby Symphony Circle.
It connects Red Jacket Parkway to McKinley Parkway. The small center is embellished with a bed of flowering annuals, perennials, and shrubs. One of three major intersections within McKinley Parkway, the circle was planned and built concomitantly with the Cazenovia-South Park system. Its furnishings include regularly spaced ornamental lampposts, and metal benches lining the pedestrian paths. A small bronze statue of a buffalo overlooks the roundabout from the southeast.
One of three major intersections within McKinley Parkway, the circle was planned and built as part of the Cazenovia-South Park system.
Soldiers Circle forms the central connecting point of Buffalo’s parkway it is the point at which Lincoln, Chapin, and Bidwell Parkways converge.
Symphony Circle serves as a vital link of green space between The Front Park and Porter Avenue. From the Circle, the west Buffalo parkway design continued down Richmond Avenue to Bidwell Parkway, then to Lincoln Parkway, and finally terminated at Delaware Park. The Circle’s finishing touch came in 1879 when an ornate 5 light gas standard (photo above) was erected in the center of a circular flower bed island approximately 25-30 feet in diameter. he Circle was renamed Symphony Circle in 1958 because of its proximity to Kleinhans Music Hall.