SECOND ROUND OF COMMUNITY MEETINGS WILL BE CONDUCTED IN COMING WEEKS
Do you care about your Olmsted Parks? Is there a particular park that is near and dear to you? Or are you a lover of all the Olmsted Parks?
Many of us are familiar with the history of our Olmsted Parks System, but few people are aware of what the future of the park system beholds. That’s why the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy is hosting a second set of community meetings, to flesh out improvement priorities for each of the parks. The Conservancy invites you to discuss the future of the parks, and is eager to get feedback where operational aspects and project planning come into play.
The community engagement process will culminate in a Five Year Plan report to be presented to the public at the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy’s State of the Olmsted Parks address in May 2019.
This is your chance to contribute your thoughts and viewpoints.
The meetings will begin by going over comments and suggestions that were made during this past summer’s initial meetings. Emerging themes will be discussed, highlights will be shared, and comments will be addressed.
A third and final meeting series will be held in late January of 2019. Each meeting series helps The Conservancy to prepare for the Five Year Plan report.
The meetings are made possible thanks to the support of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, and assistance from the University at Buffalo Regional Institute.
Meetings being promoted in partnership with City of Buffalo Councilmembers are scheduled as follows:
- Riverside Park – Wednesday, October 17th, 6:00 – 6:30pm – St Mark’s and All Saints’ – Parish Hall (256 Riverside Ave.) – in conjunction with a ReDiscover Riverside Meeting
- Delaware District – Monday, October 22nd, 6:30 – 7:30pm – Marcy Casino (199 Lincoln Pkwy)
- MLK, Jr. Park – Wednesday, October 24th, 6:30 – 7:30pm – Buffalo Museum of Science (1020 Humboldt Parkway)
- West District – Monday, November 5th, 6:00 – 7:00pm – Niagara Branch Library (280 Porter Avenue)
- South District – Wednesday, November 7th, 6:30 – 7:30pm – Tosh Collins Community Center (35 Cazenovia Street)