CONGRATULATIONS TO GREG ROBINSON, OLMSTED’S DIRECTOR OF PARK ADMINISTRATION, FOR BEING HONORED AT THE 25TH ANNUAL BUSINESS FIRST “40 UNDER 40” CLASS.
A high-ranking Erie County official, a past Taste of Buffalo chair and one of the owners of a popular Buffalo microbrewery are just a few of the members of the 25th annual Business First “40 Under 40” class.
Among those being honored: Maria Whyte, deputy Erie County executive; Laura Jacobs, senior account executive with e3communications and the 2015 Taste of Buffalo chair; and Jeffrey Ware, Resurgence Brewing Co. co-owner.
“This year’s class is a reflection of the diversity and talent we see in the Buffalo Niagara region,” said Jack Connors, Business First president and publisher.
More than 140 nominations were received this year, and the class was selected by a six-person panel of former 40 Under 40 winners led by chairman James Morrell, deputy director of public transit at the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority.
The other judges were: Ericka Bennett (2014), Roswell Park Cancer Institute; Barbara Danner (2014), Freed Maxick CPAs; Erin Grajek (2012), Buffalo & Erie Co. Botanical Gardens; Michael Hughes (2005), Kaleida Health; and Joseph Brown (2013), Hodgson Russ LLP.
A luncheon to celebrate the honorees is set for Nov. 17 at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center. For tickets and information, go tohttp://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/event/136312/2016/40-under-40-celebration
- Jonathan Amoia, partner and director, Sandhill Investment Management.
- Tricia Barrett, senior vice president/managing director, Crowley Webb/Praxis Communications.
- A.J. Baynes Jr., chief of staff, State Sen. Patrick Gallivan’s Office.
- Martin Boryszak, chief operating officer, Sisters of Charity Hospital, Catholic Health.
- Mindy Cervoni, president and CEO, Community Services for the Developmentally Disabled.
- Scott Butler, vice president for strategy and market development, TLC Health Network.
- Patrick Clancy, director, Freed Maxick CPAs.
- Tara Cross, partner, Gibson McAskill & Crosby LLP.
- Matt Davison, managing partner/senior vice president, Martin Davison Public Relations/The Martin Group.
- Ian Donnelly, senior business development manager, Bak USA.
- Dr. Andrew Fabiano, associate professor of oncology/director of Spinal Oncology Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
- Christofer Fattey, partner, Hodgson Russ.
- Timmon Favaro, partner, Cannon Heyman & Weiss LLP
- George Fitzpatrick, president, River Rock Community Coalition.
- Shane Fry, creative director, Verve Dance Studio.
- Christal Guthrie, assistant director, Matt Urban Hope House.
- Jacqueline Hall, executive director of Social Services Family Independence, Erie County Department of Social Services.
- Cory Haqq, broker, Hastings Cohn Real Estate/managing member, Urban Equity Management Group.
- Laura Jacobs, senior account supervisor, e3communications.
- Colleen Kaney, assistant superintendent of student services, curriculum and instruction, Hamburg Central School District.
- Katie Krawczyk, partner and president, 19 Ideas.
- Elizabeth Kraengel, partner, Duke Holzman Photiadis & Gresens LLP.
- Kimberley LaVare, associate vice president of real estate and construction, Evergreen Health.
- Jessica Lazarin, deputy corporation counsel, City of Buffalo Law Department/director, City of Buffalo Office of New Americans.
- Michael Lewis, director of special education, City of Niagara Falls School District.
- Alexsandra Lopez, bilingual special education specialist, Erie 1 BOCES.
- Shannon McCrory-Churchill, associate professor/nurse practitioner, D’ Youville College.
- Kevin McMullen, founder and CEO, Oogie Games/BFD Enterprises.
- Brandye Merriweather, vice president of downtown development, Buffalo Urban Development Corp.
- Matthew Miller, partner, Rupp Baase Pfalzgraf Cunningham LLC.
- Jodie Papa, manager and licensed adjuster, National Fire Adjustment Co.
- Seth Piccirillo, director of community development, City of Niagara Falls.
- Gregory Robinson, director of park administratiion, Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy.
- Sam Russo, partner, SelectOne LLC.
- Patrick Ryan, owner, Fat Bob’s Smokehouse.
- Zachary Schneider, partner, 15 Fingers LLC, CMS Group LLC, Ru’s Pierogi LLC.
- Sara Vescio, executive director, Women’s Business Center at Canisius College.
- Jeffrey Ware, co-owner, Resurgence Brewing Co.
- Lynsey Weaver, executive director, Kevin Guest House.
- Maria Whyte, deputy Erie County executive, Erie County.
Since 1992, 1,000 people have been named 40 Under 40.
James Fink covers real estate, commercial development and government