Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator Assistant – Seasonal
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
Salary Range: $14.20 – $15.50 per hour
Requirements: City of Buffalo residency, Valid NYS Driver’s License
To apply, please complete this job application online at Indeed.com or email your resume to Maggie Enos at email@example.com. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please reach out to Maggie Enos as well.
Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
84 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
The Volunteer Coordinator Assistant – Seasonal will be responsible for assisting the volunteer coordinator in organizing and leading volunteer projects in the field as well as administrative tasks. This position is part of the Operations Department and reports directly to the Volunteer
This is a Full-Time Seasonal position; working 40 hours per week with non-exempt status according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Overtime hours may be required at certain times, with supervisor approval.
- This position is a Class 3A according to the Conservancy’s employee handbook and as such benefits include the following:
- Class 3A – The Conservancy offers medical plans with a $350 employer provided allocation toward monthly premiums after a waiting period of 90 days. A 403(b)-retirement plan. Paid Sick Time.
- Additional Benefits include: a golf season pass for employees, as well as ongoing in-house training on various topics, flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in organizing and managing individuals and teams of volunteers with projects throughout the park system;
Organize and lead routine volunteer events;
- Assists in maintaining all volunteer records; such as sign-in sheets and appropriate waivers;
- Office work assisting with high level administrative tasks
- Aligns with the Conservancy’s commitment to creating an inclusive, equitable, and accessible working environment for all staff and park system for all park users;
Qualifications and Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- City of Buffalo residency required;
- Must be highly motivated and able to work in a fast- paced environment;
- Ability to work closely with other staff members and interact with the public;
- Experience working with parks maintenance equipment and tools preferred;
- Experience towing a trailer preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred;
- Must be available to work a varied schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures;
- Willingness to learn new skills;
- Professionalism in communication, demeanor and respectful relationship building at the highest level in representing the Conservancy and fostering collaborative partnerships.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- A balance of outdoor hands-on work, potentially under extreme weather conditions and indoor office work;
- Must be adaptable to changing work environment, including working in different park locations;
- Job duties may require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, as well as lift and/or move heavy objects which at times could be up to 50 lbs.;
- May require an employee to drive distances between park locations;
- May require use of hand tools; as well as standard equipment;
- Evenings, weekend and holiday work may be required;
- Flexible hours depending on workload and ever-changing priorities;
- Must be able to adapt to ever-changing resources and limited budgets
Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks
Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is intended to identify and list the responsibilities, duties, and qualifications for the position. It cannot be considered all-inclusive, however, as changing organizational circumstances can result in changes to some of those responsibilities, duties, and qualifications. Further, every task supporting the functioning of the position may not be listed or not listed in detail. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Updated: June 2023
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $14.20 – $15.50 per hour
8 hour shift
Work Location: In person