Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Donor Relations and Database Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Development and Communications
Requirements: (1) City of Buffalo residency, (2) Minimum of Associate’s Degree and/or 2 years of experience
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Donor Relations and Database Coordinator will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Conservancy donors and constituents. This includes overseeing the Conservancy’s commemorative giving and membership programs, acknowledging donor gifts and pledges, assisting/supporting the Director of Development and Communications with stewarding current donors and corporate partners, and managing the Conservancy’s constituent database. The Donor Relations and Database Coordinator will work cross-functionally in partnership with the Director of Development and Communications to ensure that all programs are marketed appropriately, and all donor services are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
In addition, the Donor Relations and Database Coordinator will assist the Giving and Awareness Department by providing administrative and outreach support. This can include but is not limited to supporting the efforts of the Giving and Awareness Committee and developing stewardship reports.
This position is non-exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and the NYS Department of Labor rules and regulations. The workweek includes flexible schedules depending on the workload, with some weekend and holiday work as needed.
The Donor Relations and Database Coordinator must set an example and conform to organizational rules, policies and procedures, safety protocols and dress and grooming standards as designated in the Employee Handbook of the Conservancy, and Safety Procedures Manual.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Conservancy constituents by maintaining a high standard for all donor relations
- Manage the Conservancy’s donor Database, which includes but is not limited to entering gifts and interactions, developing mailing lists, serving as point of contact with database provider, and developing acknowledgement letters and pledges
- Acknowledge all gifts and pledges adhering to protocols and procedures
- In partnership with the Director of Development and Communications, assist in the creation of a structured, systematic program of stewardship, recognition and fulfillment
- Coordinate campaign management and tracking system for Commemorative Giving initiatives and ensure timely fulfillment, and proper and effective communication with donors
- Coordinate the membership program, including new member cultivation and retention through (but not limited to) direct mail and digital campaigns, creating and sustaining partnerships with local business and organizations, and timely fulfillment and distribution of membership cards
- Serve as the main point of contact for the coordination of corporate events, which includes, in partnership with the Director of Development and Communications, ensuring timely communication, volunteer planning, event planning, end of year reporting, etc
- In partnership with the Director of Development and Communications, assist in the development of a specific plan for the retention of donors and members
- Support the management of the CRM database
- Seek continuous improvement of donor and member relations functions, including streamlining tasks and developing efficiencies in gift and membership processing, increasing member/donor value assessment, and appropriate communications
- Assist the Giving and Awareness team with mass mailings and other special projects
- Develop and maintain a donor processing operations and standards manual
- Support other departments and/or Executive Director as needed or requested
- Engage volunteers and office support for increased and effective output
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Performance Attributes:
- A minimum of Associate’s Degree and/or 2 years of experience in the fundraising development field
- Proficiency with applicable Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, etc.), and familiarity with donor database software is preferred
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational ability with attention to detail and accuracy
- Responsive communication through knowledge of utilizing multiple and/or appropriate formats is required
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines and follow protocols in a fast-paced environment, with constantly changing priorities
- Team environment across departments must be supported and demonstrated
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues which may arise, and respectful common courtesy practiced with all Conservancy stakeholders
- Predominantly a desk performance position
- Job duties may require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time as well as lift and/or move heavy objects at times up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to adapt to ever changing resources and limited budget
Please submit resume to: Melissa – HR Department: 84 Parkside Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214 or email Melissa@bfloparks.org. No phone calls please.