Before heading outdoors into your parks and public spaces, please refer to the following resources to stay informed and educated on protecting yourself and your loved ones:
1. COVID-19 Outdoor Guidance by the NYS Department of Health
2. Using Parks and Open Space While Maintaining Social Distancing by the National Recreation and Park Association
In partnership with the City of Buffalo, the following park maintenance priorities are effective immediately.
The parks will remain open for passive use. There will be NO portable toilets available until further notice.
- To manage the spread of germs in the parks, there will be no portable toilets available until further notice.
- The parks remain open for passive uses.
- All park amenities such as playgrounds, outdoor gym equipment, tennis courts and soccer fields are CLOSED.
- Park users are asked to observe proper hygiene, and to take appropriate precautions with wipes, hand sanitizer, social distancing, etc.
All public park facilities and buildings including restrooms, rental spaces, concessions, etc. will be CLOSED through the end of March.
- A reassessment of facility access and room rentals will be made by April 1, 2020.
- As part of the Governor’s requirement for restaurant closures, The Terrace restaurant and banquet facilities at the Marcy Casino are suspended until further notice.
- Only Conservancy personnel will be allowed in Olmsted parks buildings as necessary.
- Any current facility renters for the remainder of March should contact the Conservancy for steps on reimbursement or rescheduling.
Trash and garbage collection in parks to continue as standard. Park users should exercise social responsibility by disposing their own trash and leashing and picking up after their pets.
- Trash and garbage collection in the parks will continue as standard.
- However, as a measure to reduce risks to park workers, patrons are asked to dispose trash in totes found along park road and trail edges, or if trash is brought in, to please take it back out with you and dispose of it at home.
- As per ordinance, please keep pets on leash, and remove/dispose of all pet excrement in proper receptacles.
Golf, organized sports and major park events, festivals or gatherings (over 10 people) in the parks are currently NOT allowed and will be reassessed after April 1, 2020.
- Golf is currently slated to be opened for the season on April 25, 2020, and turf preparations will stay on track.
- Purchase your golf season pass online here or by contacting golf operations manager Dave at Dave@bfloparks.org or (716) 838-1249, ext. 19.
- Any modifications to golf retail operations will be updated on April 1.
- Public schools, sports clubs and leagues are to wait until after April 1 on any further City decisions for access to park fields or scheduling.
Status of upcoming Olmsted events
- We are grateful to all tree care companies that have offered support.
- This volunteer event is postponed till further notice.
- This yoga series event is postponed till further notice.