Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy: Facilities
Facilities for Rent
The Marcy Casino
Plans for Delaware Park were designed by renowned landscape architect, Frederick Law Olmsted, in 1868. By 1874, his partner, Calver Vaux, designed the original boathouse. Eventually the boathouse was enlarged due to its popularity, but sadly was destroyed by a fire in 1900.
The structure was rebuilt in time for the 1901 Pan-American Exposition that took place throughout Delaware Park. The new 3-story building, designed by Buffalo architect E.B Green, officially became known as the Delaware Park Casino and served as a popular gathering place until 1960.
The expanding city and move toward modernization led to the total renovation of the Casino in 1961, removing any trace of E.B Green's design. In 1990, the Casino was "restored" to a style that reflected Olmsted, Vaux, and Green's simpler styles. Today it is known as the Marcy Casino in honor of William L. Marcy, Jr., Delaware District Councilman 1978 - 1983, for his devotion to the Casino and the City of Buffalo.
The building it self over looks the beautiful Hoyt Lake, when you look out the windows of the Marcy Casino or step out onto the Balcony you see the 350-arce of Delaware Park, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, and the Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society. One of the best views in Buffalo.
The Marcy has two floors which are available for rent seperately or together.
Terrace Room (upper floor)
The Terrace room can seat 60 guests for a sit down meal. For a cocktail style event the Terrace Room can hold up to 100 guests. It is a perfect fit for birthdays, baby showers, wedding showers, brunches, Bar Mitzvah, and cocktail parties. You will also have access to the wrap around balcony which gives you a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding area.
Pan Am Room (lower floor)
The Pan Am Room has a seating capacity of 150 guests. When you rent the Pan Am Room you also have access to the covered patio area which can seat up to an additional 100 guests. For a cocktail style event the Pan Am Room can hold up to 200 guests.
** All catering is done through Magnolia Caterers **
· The Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy is responsible for the rental of the Parkside Lodge, the fenced picnic area next to the lodge, croquet courts in Delaware Park, and the Caz Casino in Cazenovia Park. (Patty Mertens -716-838-1249, ext. 10 – email@example.com)
· The Delaware Park Marcy Casino, Rose Garden, and Japanese Garden are rented through Magnolia Events. (716- 886-0088)
All remaining shelters and green space, including those in M.L.K. Jr. Park, Front Park, Riverside Park, South Park, Cazenovia Park, and Delaware Park (including the promenade by Hoyt Lake) are permitted through the City of Buffalo. (Arlene Mustafa-851-9670)
Any public events including races, runs, or walks in the park must apply for a permit from the Special Events Department of the City of Buffalo. (716-851-6508)
Online Information for the City of Buffalo can be found at:
Park Events and Rental Permits Info: http://www.citybuffalo.com/Home/City_Departments/Public_Works_Parks_Streets/ParksDepartment/ParkRentalEventsPermit
Pools and Splash Pad Information: http://www.citybuffalo.com/Home/City_Departments/Public_Works_Parks_Streets/ParksDepartment/PoolsRinks
Athletic Facility & Seasonal Sports Permit Info: http://www.citybuffalo.com/Home/City_Departments/Public_Works_Parks_Streets/ParksDepartment/AthleticFacilitySeasonalSportsPermit
The City of Buffalo is also responsible for the pools and splash pads throughout the city – the number for Pools is 716-851-5998.
Parkside Lodge: Contact Patty Mertens -716-838-1249, ext. 10 – firstname.lastname@example.org schedule an appointment to see the space.
1) The Parkside Lodge, located at 84 Parkside Avenue (near the zoo) is home to our administrative offices, the Golf Pro-shop, and a potential café.
2) The indoor rental space is called “The Great Room”, and will hold approx. 40-50 for a sit down meal, and 60-75 for a cocktail setting. The Lodge/Great Room rents for $185, including an attendant fee, for a four (4) hour time frame, additional fees may apply after four hours.
3) Restroom facilities are available in the building.
4) There is a fenced in area next to the lodge that can also be rented, and will hold 100-150 guests depending on type of event. There is no shelter, however, you can rent a tent for that space. The enclosed picnic area rents for $125 for four hours, additional fees apply after four hours.
5) The golf courses are open from late April – late October, there will be golfers in the immediate area.
6) Parking is limited near the building. Ample additional parking is nearby in the lot at the entryway, on the Ring Road, and in the neighborhood.
7) We have recently installed new French Doors looking out to the park.
8) There are no kitchen facilities in the building.
9) The event organizer will need to secure tables, chairs and linens, etc.
10) At this time, there is no assigned caterer for this venue – all caterers must have the appropriate permits/licenses/insurance, including a liquor permit, and must provide a copy to the Conservancy.
11) Some events may require city permits, depending on the size and type of event. The event organizer is responsible for securing all necessary permits.
Cazenovia Casino - Contact Patty Mertens -716-838-1249, ext. 10 – email@example.com schedule an appointment to see the space.
1) The Cazenovia Casino is located in Cazenovia Park in South Buffalo.
2) The indoor rental space will hold approx. 45-55 for a sit down meal, and 60-65 for a cocktail setting. Outdoor terraces are included in the rental. The building rents for $185, including an attendant fee, for a four (4) hour time frame, additional fees may apply after four hours.
3) Restroom facilities are available in the building.
4) Parking is limited near the building. Additional parking is nearby in the lot adjacent to the Casino building.
5) There are no equipped kitchen facilities in the building.
6) The event organizer will need to secure tables, chairs and linens, etc.
7) At this time, there is no assigned caterer for this venue – all caterers must have the appropriate permits/licenses/insurance, including a liquor permit, and must provide a copy to the Conservancy.
8) Some events may require city permits, depending on the size and type of event. The event organizer is responsible for securing all necessary permits.
9) To rent any green space outside the Caz Casino, you must contact the City of Buffalo, Arlene Mustafa – 716-851-9670 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a permit to use the Olmsted Parks for sports, special events, or shelter rentals, please contact Arlene Mustafa at (716)851-9670 or email@example.com.